Summer Landscapes at Allegheny College since 1990
Four goals guide our work:
• Support natural curiosity
• Develop critical thinking and creative problem solving skill
• Provide opportunities to express ideas clearly
• Encourage discovery of the extraordinary within the ordinany
• Offer a diverse learning population
Creating Landscapes is a community of intergenerational learners in the arts and mathematics. Our program of serious play is theme-based and focused toward forming questions, making connections, and finding expression.
Dance Improv & Family Picnic times
Landscapes Scholarship Memorial Fund
This year's interdisciplinary theme is:
John Dewey's observation:
"No one has ever watched a child intent in his play without being made aware of the complete merging of playfulness with seriousness."